Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My First ??? - Why is that?

Why is that
I pay Rs100 for a Pizza,
but
Complain about Rs50 for a Proper Meal?

Why is that
I pay Rs150 for watching a Movie in Multiplex,
I pay Rs500 for Broadband and download Movies encouraging Piracy,
but
Think twice about Rs375 for Big Flix Monthly Subscription?

Why is that
We crib about paying Income Tax?
Even though
We are among Top 10% of India's Population in terms of Income.
We are offered subsidized education during B.Tech.
Effective Income Tax Rate comes to only 20% of Income.

Why is that we value Money, not Happiness?

Why is that we value Hikes, not Recognitions?

Why is that
I think about Opportunities available elsewhere.
May be Other Companies, Other Fields.
but
Forget conveniently about Opportunities available in Current Company, Current Field?

Why is that I fight for my Rights, but sleep on my Duties?

Why is that we value Mental Work, not Physical Work?

Why is that we love Nature but like to live in Cities?

Why is that
We complain about Corruption.
We complain about degradation of Values in Politics.
but don't have
Time for Voting and Campaigning for Good Candidates?

Why is that
We complain about Attitude of Government Companies and Government Employees.
but
Dream of joining and becoming one?

Why is that
I always have Questions
but
Never Answers :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its the case with most of us homo sapiens...story of ur species u c :)
First time here...Like ur blog

Miriyala Aravind said...

@Anonymous
I realized that!
Thanks for your comment.